Due to problems of water shortages and interruptions that affects many of its residents, Thabo Mofutsanyana District Municipality is set to host a virtual summit to discuss solutions and collaboration in addressing these challenges.
The summit is set for three day from 24 – 26 March 2021.
According to the Municipal Spokesperson, Matefu Mokoena, the purpose of the summit is to investigate all the water sources within Thabo Mofutsanyana District Municipality, their distribution to benefit the communities and find the everlasting solutions on how can be managed through the current climate change difficulties and beyond.
“The summit will bring together local municipalities, government departments, state agencies, community-based organization, stakeholders in the water sector and the media,” said Mokoena.
He elaborated that with the summit, the district municipality aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To analyze the current water sources so that we understand its challenges and possible solutions
- To analyses the current water reticulations so that we planned how best it can be controlled and manage
- To review the current water policies so that we explore other means of managing the water sources and reticulation
- To explore different means of augmenting current water sources and reticulation to the community
- To develop a water & sanitation master plan for the district municipality
The theme of the summit is “Water security, conservation socio economic development and new technologies for sustainable development”
Mokoena mentioned that consultations with stakeholders within local municipalities and sector departments have been concluded, and they are expecting maximum participation in the summit.
Water experts and community organizations that are interested in participating in the summit are requested to submit their contact details to email@example.com
For further enquiries kindly contact Mr M.B. Mphahlele on 058 718 – 1000 / Cell no. 082 889 9802